Oana Dutu-Buzura LLBCounsel
Oana Dutu-Buzura specializes in mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracts and joint ventures, with particular focus on sectors, such as retail (fashion industry), technology and healthcare.
She has been involved in various complex M&A and corporate reorganizations acting on all sides and gained experience in both domestic and cross-border transactions.
Related to fashion industry, she acted both in traditional sub-sectors (leather manufacturing) but also in innovative sub-sectors such as smart watches businesses.
She is able to adapt to the needs of each business and is recognized for her enthusiastic and creative approach. She is appreciated by the most sophisticated clients for her thorough understanding of the sectors, her grasp of transactions’ details and her tireless efforts to get the deal done.
- Advising one of the most important private equity funds in Central Europe on the financing related matters involved by the acquisition of Eltex Recycling SRL, one of the leading waste management companies in Romania, through one of the companies within Green Group (a subsidiary of Abris).
- Advising one of the most important private equity funds in Central Europe on the acquisition of a leader on the Romanian distribution market of consumables, instruments and dental equipment.
- Advising a large integrated recycling group in South-Eastern Europe on the acquisition of one of the leading waste management companies in Romania.
- Assisting a holding company that, through subsidiaries, distributes, stores, transports and markets energy products and related services, in relation to the restructuring of its Romanian entity in complex M&A proceedings, requiring in-depth knowledge of the Energy sector and legal creativity in providing the most appropriate solutions for achieving the client's objectives, despite various obstacles that might arise, such as minority rights or strict regulatory requirements.
- Assisting a company providing innovative and sustainable solutions for the automotive and various other industries with the implementation of a new distribution system of chemicals in Romania.
- Assisting an American multinational conglomerate with the implementation of its USD 20 billion asset divestment program it is currently undertaking.
- Advising one of the largest energy companies in Romania on various regulatory aspects, including licensing or procurement matters, performing complex analysis on the procurement rules for utilities applicable to the various business lines of the clients including upstream oil & gas, downstream oil and gas or electricity.
- Advising a Polish state-controlled oil and gas company, on various regulatory aspects in relation to petroleum concession agreements.
- Advising a digital travel business on the acquisition of a leading European B2B travel wholesaler. DLA Romania was involved in the due diligence phase.
- Advising an accounting, corporate secretarial, HR administrative and capital market support company in connection with an intra-group reorganisation.
- University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law, LL.B.,Summa Cum Laude, 2007
- University Paris I, French-Romanian College of European Studies, Master I, 2007
- University Paris I, French-Romanian College of European Studies, LL.B., 2006
Oana is a co-author of "Private mergers and acquisitions in Romania: overview," Practical Law, 2016
- May 2019 - to date: DLA Piper Bucharest, Counsel
- May 2016 - April 2019: DLA Piper Bucharest, Senior Associate
- December 2013 - April 2016: DLA Piper Bucharest, Managing Associate
- May 2010 - November 2013: DLA Piper Bucharest, Associate
- November 2008 - April 2010: DLA Piper Bucharest, Junior Associate
- January 2008 - November 2008: International Law Firm, Junior Associate
- July 2006 - September 2006: International Law Firm, Trainee student
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Bucharest Bar and the National Union of Romanian Bars
- Member of the International Bar Association
- Member of the Energy and Environment Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce – Romania