「 価よぞぐづ革国新キハク政観崎ヒミナ売課当キヤスヲ住能芸タヲ状8筑やこ革戦むスフか話変 」
Jon’s practice focuses on English law corporate finance advisory work across key disciplines incorporating public M&A, private M&A and equity capital markets. He acts for a mix of both plc corporates, financial institutions and banks.
He has advised across numerous sectors in a 20 year career, including extensively in the financial services and betting and gaming sectors. The experience section focuses on just some of the transactions which Jon has led on, including some of the highest profile and complex transactions in the market.
Jon was the co-chair of his prior firm’s betting and gaming practice and has acted for three of the five largest operators in the betting and gaming sector on their most strategically important matters.
Jon was named in the Hot 100 by the Lawyer magazine and accredited as one of the top lawyers under 40 by Financial News. His Chambers profile described him as exceptionally client facing, a “street fighter when you need a street fighter” and “clients say he is ‘highly diligent’ and ‘highly pragmatic’.”
- Advised Stars Group on its $4.7 billion acquisition of Skybet from CVC Capital and Sky plc.*
- Advised William Hill on its proposed multi billion acquisition of Amaya.*
- Advised William Hill on its £485 million consortium bid with GVC for Sportingbet PLC.*
- Advised NTL (now Virgin Media) on its £817 million bid for Virgin Mobile.*
- Advised IHSMarkit on its multi-billion dollar listing on NASDAQ.*
- Advised William Hill on its £385m rights issue.*
- Advised IHS Markit on numerous acquisitions, including of DeriveXperts, Automotive Mastermind, A2 Access, CoreOne Technologies, DealHub, Thinkfolio; Data Explorers; PMI, Cadis; Swapswire; Boat; MarketXS; IIC and CDS Indexco.*
- Advised MGM Resorts International on its joint venture with Hakkasan Group to create MGM Hakkasan Hospitality.*
- Advised William Hill on its acquisition of BetDigital and its acquisition of OpenBet and commercial partnership with NYX.*
- Advised William Hill on its joint venture with Playtech to create William Hill Online and the subsequent acquisition of Playtech stake by William Hill.* * denotes work from a previous firm