Valentina Dorothea EignerAssociate
Valentina Eigner practices in the field of energy law with particular focus on renewable energy. Her experience includes the implementation of and compliance with Austrian and EU regulatory law for gas, electricity and renewables. Valentina also advises on Austrian Infrastructure and Trades Law.
- Ongoing advice to an international energy group on unbundling issues*.
- Advising an international energy group on energy and environmental law questions regarding the construction of a 220 kv power line.*
- Advising an international energy group on questions regarding grid connection with respect to the production of hydrogen from renewable sources*.
- Advising Austrian electricity producers on the Austrian support scheme for renewable energy (Renewable Energy Expansion Act, Green Electricity Act 2012)*.
- Advising and representing an Austrian wind farm operator in proceedings against the grid operator concerning costs resulting from congestion management measures*.
- Advising an international energy group on regulatory law questions in connection with the construction of a large PV plant*.
*Denotes experience from a previous firm.
- University of Vienna, Dr. iur., 2021
- University of Vienna, Mag. iur., 2016
- Dr. Maria Schaumayer Foundation – Foundation for the Promotion of Women’s Careers Laureate (award for the doctoral thesis, October 2021)
- Eigner/Schneider, Electricity Charging Station Operators are subject to the Austrian Trade Act, not to Austrian Electricity Law, ZTR 2019, 215
- 12/2018 - 3/2022, Associate, Vienna based international law firm
- 9/2016 – 1/2017, Clerkship, Higher Regional Court Vienna
- 5/2016 – 7/2016, Internship, Austrian Embassy Moscow
- Several Internships at Vienna and Belgrade based international law firms
Memberships And Affiliations
- Vienna Bar Association