Eric E. EisenbergPartner
Eric Eisenberg has been a transactional lawyer with DLA Piper for more than ten years and counsels public and private companies, private equity and mezzanine funds and other institutional investors in a variety of transactions including domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, senior and mezzanine debt financings, private offerings of equity securities, recapitalization, joint venture and strategic alliance transactions.
Eric serves as outside general counsel for public and private companies and advises on corporate governance and other general corporate matters.
- Counsel to US public company in multiple acquisitions for its medical and measurement business segments
- Counsel to sponsor of a private-equity funded acquisition of a controlling interest in a Hong Kong company operating luxury automobile dealerships throughout mainland China
- Counsel to multiple mezzanine investment funds in their secured and unsecured financing transactions and related equity investments
- Counsel to US public company in multiple consumer product acquisitions and business segment dispositions
- Counsel to hospital system in establishing a public/private joint venture for the development of medical office facilities and acquisition of a cancer center
- Counsel to leading global hospitality company in multiple transactions involving the purchase, sale, licensing and management of hotel portfolios to private and public investment funds
- Counsel to the nation’s leading sleep diagnostic service provider in multiple acquisitions
- Counsel to multiple private equity firms in the acquisition and related financing of their portfolio companies
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center 2001
Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics, Articles/Notes Editor
- B.A., University of Rochester 1994
Phi Beta Kappa
magna cum laude
Eric also serves as the general counsel of the Capital Area Food Bank, a position he has held since 2005. Founded in 1980, the Capital Area Food Bank is the largest nonprofit hunger and nutrition education resource in the Washington, DC area. In 2008, the organization honored Eric with its Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Keeping the Dream Alive award, which is given annually to community leaders who, in the spirit of Dr. King, have shown greatness through service to others.
Memberships And Affiliations
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Virginia State Bar Association