Dániel Élő LL.MAssociate
Dániel Élő has acquired experience of gambling law at a leading Hungarian law firm and at DLA Piper he has been involved in the litigations concerning the EU law compatibility of the Hungarian regime in the last 3 years. Dániel is also providing assistance in connection with gambling regulatory, compliance and licensing matters.
His practical experience of EU law was further broadened by his studies abroad. Thanks to his LLM degree acquired at the University of Amsterdam and that he was working at the European Union Law Clinic, he has a deep understanding of restrictions of fundamental freedoms, the connected legal remedies as well as data protection and transparency law.
He is regularly publishing gambling and EU law related articles on multiple platforms (Lexology, ICLG, Advocatus).
Moreover, he has been active in domestic litigation and arbitration regarding contractual and product liability disputes and in insolvency proceedings.
- Pázmány Péter Catholic University, Faculty of Law, JD, Budapest, Hungary, 2013-17, summa cum laude
- Passau University, Erasmus+ student, Faculty of Law, Passau, Germany, 2016
- National University of Public Service, Faculty of Public Administration, Public Administration Manager, Budapest, Hungary, 2010-13
- Hungary plans to liberalize its sports betting market (Lexology), 2022, Link
- Gambling law’s repeated contribution to the justification framework: An even higher bar set for restrictive national measures? (Advocatus blog of DLA Piper), 2022, Link
- Hungary chapter of World Bank Group’s Doing Business 2020 publication, 2019
- Hungary chapter of International Comparative Legal Guide to: Gambling 2020. Published by the Global Legal Group, 2019