Carlos EspinosaSenior Associate
Carlos has worked in multiple transfer pricing policy analyses of different multinationals, including automotive, industrial, services and digital groups. He has also worked on the development of policies and tools related to transfer pricing policies.
His main areas of expertise include the definition of transfer pricing policies, as well as their financial modelling focused on streamlining decision-making processes. These projects include asset valuations, operational modelling policies, financial operations and management support services.
- Design and restructuring of the transfer pricing policy of one of the main Spanish Tier 1 Automotive Groups.
- Design and restructuring of the transfer pricing policy of two of Spain's leading publishing groups.
- Design and analysis of the value chain of a foreign multinational digital services company for its implementation in Spain.
- Design of an intra-group financing structure in a Spanish Hotel Group.
- Valuation of various intangible assets (e.g. brands, customer portfolio or trade secrets) for subsequent inclusion in the transfer pricing policy or for the calculation of an exit tax.
- Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Law and Business Administration and Management Degree
- He has collaborated on the ESADE Business & Law School Master's Degree in Taxation, on transfer pricing and international taxation.
- January 2021 - Present: DLA Piper
- February 2015 - January 2021: Big Four
Memberships and Affiliations
- Madrid Bar Association