Katy EstwickSenior Associate
Katy Estwick is experienced in both commercial and construction litigation.
Katy has acted for both corporate and individual clients across a wide range of different areas of general commercial litigation, including contract, trade practices, administrative law, regulatory proceedings, franchising, intellectual property, insolvency and construction and infrastructure. Katy has acted for clients in both State and Federal Courts and has also been involved in a Commission of Inquiry in Queensland.
- Recently advising the purchaser of mine in relation to operational and litigation issues associated with the mine, including review of supply agreements
- Advising the Queensland Building and Construction Commission in a number of applications in the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal in which parties were seeking to review a decision by the Commission
- Acting for a contractor in respect of security of payment claims and adjudications involving the Wiggins Island Export Terminal in Gladstone
- Acting for a bulk water authority and the senior engineer in the Queensland Floods Commission of Inquiry, including issues in relation to the operation of Wivenhoe Dam.
- Acting for a Government Owned Corporation in relation to a workplace incident, which was investigated by Workplace, Health and Safety Queensland. The incident, which resulted in one fatality, occurred during the construction of a cofferdam at Marian Weir
- Advising KDR Gold Coast Pty Ltd (a division of Keolis Downer) in relation to the operation of the Gold Coast Light Rail
- Acting for Domino's Pizza Enterprises in a major dispute in the Federal Court against Precision Tracking Pty Ltd concerning the Domino's GPS Driver Tracker
- Queensland University of Technology, Bachelor of Laws, 2007
- Queensland University of Technology, Bachelor of Journalism, 2007
- College of Law, Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, 2008
Memberships And Affiliations
- Queensland Law Society