Xin balances the client's commercial and legal interests very well.
Xin’s practice primarily focuses on international and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and private equity transactions, with a focus on Greater China and the Asia Pacific region. She also advises on all matters of corporate and commercial law.Xin is one of the few M&A practitioners in Hong Kong who speaks fluent Mandarin, Cantonese and English. She studied in Hong Kong and the UK. Xin is based in Hong Kong with work experience in Beijing and Shanghai.
- Public takeover: Advised a French listed company on the Asia side of its takeover of another French listed company.
- Acquisition of skincare business through competitive bidding: Advised a multinational conglomerate on its acquisition of a skincare business that spanned over 60 jurisdictions through a competitive bidding process.
- Acquisition of the majority stake in port operator: Advised a central state-owned enterprise in its acquisition of an overseas port operator.
- Formation of shipping joint venture between a listed Chinese SOE and a leading private petrochemical industry player: Advised a Hong Kong listed Chinese SOE on its minority invest in a Singapore joint venture with a leading private petrochemical industry player in the PRC. The joint venture will acquire 30 vessels.
- Formation of music label joint venture: Advised an international music company on its joint venture with a leading technology conglomerate to form a new music label.
- Formation of education joint venture in Thailand: Acted for an operator of international schools in the formation of two joint ventures with a Thai listed company.
- Disposal of minority stake and formation of joint ventures: Advised a listed property developer in the disposal of 49% equity interest in two wholly-owned land-holding subsidiaries and formation of joint ventures with a limited partnership controlled by a prestigious international financial institution, whose shares are listed on multiple stock exchanges.
- Acquisition of distribution business by private equity firm: Advised an international private equity firm on its two-stage indirect acquisition of a PRC distribution business.
- Acquisition of bioactive botanical extracts business by private equity firm: Advised an international private equity firm on the restructuring, joint venture and acquisition of a company carrying on the manufacturing and distribution of bioactive botanical extract ingredients.
- Series C funding of service apartment business: Advised an international hospitality company on its series C funding of a PRC service apartment business.
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- Chinese (Cantonese)
The University of Cambridge, Master of Corporate Law, First class honours, Ranked 2nd in class
The University of Hong Kong,PCLL
The University of Hong Kong, LLB, Hons, Ranked 3rd in class
Publications and media