Sabine Fehringer has considerable experience in the areas of information technology and intellectual property (IT,IP), research and development, licensing, new media and advertising, including IT/IP related M&A and corporate transactions.
She advises on major national and EU research projects, IT, licensing and technology transfer projects, as well as on M&A transactions with a strong IT / IP focus. Sabine also deals with research promotion and state aid related issues. She regularly advises or defends clients with regard to media and advertising campaigns.
Among her clients are private and public research companies, universities, IT and telecom companies but also trading and industrial companies.
Sabine heads the Austrian Intellectual Property & Technology practice.
- Drafting of licensing, research cooperation, IP exploitation and technology transfer templates for the university sector
- Drafting of research cooperation templates for small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
- Drafting of research cooperation templates for publicly funded research projects
- EU research projects under the 6th and 7th Framework Programme
- National publicly funded research cooperation and consortium projects
- Guideline for structuring employees' invention and reward policy worldwide
- Licensing and research cooperation agreements in the university sector
- London School of Economics and Business Administration, Master of Laws, 1995
- Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration, MBA, 1991
- University of Vienna, Mag. iur.,1988
- "Sabine Fehringer always understands what we need and gives perfect advice. Her entrepreneurial approach is unique...” Client, Legal 500 2023
- “Very professional, friendly, reliable and fast in replying. Give helpful answers to complex questions and always hinting to issues that need to be taken into consideration.” Client, Legal 500 2023
- ”Sabine Fehringer combines an exceptional experience in the industry with outstanding (legal) knowledge, hands-on mentality and a great understanding of the client’s business. This enables her to provide optimum support to the client.” Client, Legal 500 2021
- The "experienced and knowledgeable" Sabine Fehringer heads the practice. Legal 500 EMEA 2017
- Sabine publishes regularly in her areas of practice. In 2012 she published together with two other authors a book on online auctions: Die gerichtliche Online-Versteigerung (Verlag LexisNexis 2012): co-author together with Robert Gleixner, Mag. Robert Rexeis, Mag. Veronika Seitweger.
Certified translator for the English language
My latest insights
The UPC´s long-arm jurisdiction: Uncharted Waters or Business as Usual?
13 December 2022 .2 minute read
Best Lawyers and Handelsblatt recommend 10 partners from DLA Piper Vienna
23 June 2022 .2 minute read