Malithi joined DLA Piper in 2015 as a trainee solicitor in the London office and has worked on a range of cross-border contentious and non-contentious matters. During her period of training she was seconded to The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS).
She qualified into the London Restructuring team in September 2017. She practises in contentious and non-contentious corporate recovery, restructuring and insolvency matters. She has a particular interest and knowledge of the automotive sector and developments in Fintech.
- Acting for an American conglomerate (NYSE-listed) on a multinational corporate reorganisation involving 82 jurisdictions.
- Acting for a syndicate of banks and swap counterparties on refinancing a GBP700 million real estate finance facility and advising on the security position in relation to a marquee London commercial real estate asset.
- Advising the boards of directors of approximately 200 multinational group subsidiaries following the liquidation of their LSE-listed parent company. The group companies specialised in facilities management and construction services.
- Advising the drinks group Conviviality PLC in connection with the pre-packaged business and assets sale, including the Bargain Booze and Wine Rack brands, to Bestway Wholesalers for GBP7.5 million.
- Acting for the junior secured noteholder (NYSE-listed) in respect of its debt and security in a large UK consumer finance business. This matter involved amending and restating the loan note and intercreditor arrangements, taking new security and advising the client in respect of its buy-out rights. We also advised the client in its due diligence and proposal to purchase the business and assets of the borrower group from the administrators.
- Acting for the foreign representatives of Arcadia Group US Limited on filing a Chapter 15 bankruptcy application.
LL.M., University of Law
LL.B., Law, The London School of Economics and Political Science
- 2017 to date, Associate, DLA Piper, London (Restructuring Group)
- 2015 to 2017, Trainee Solicitor, DLA Piper, London
- April 2019 to July 2019, Seconded to the Chicago office to develop a network with the firm's US clients and colleagues and gain an understanding of the US Bankruptcy Code.
- February 2017 to date, assisting human rights charity Reprieve with legal drafting and search tasks to assist on death penalty cases.
- December 2015 to February 2017, advising clients at the Southwark Citizens Advice Bureau on council tax queries and negotiating with the Council on remediation steps.
- November 2015 to March 2016, seconded to the Structured Derivatives and Corporate Risk Solutions team at RBS, assisting on an FCA mandated project and advising on ad hoc transaction issues and queries from the business.
Memberships and Affiliations
- The Law Society of England and Wales