Breanna Fields's practice focuses on the defense of pharmaceutical, life science, and medical device companies in a variety of cases, including coordinated and multidistrict product liability litigation and complex commercial litigation.
Breanna has advised clients in numerous contexts including risk management assessments, internal reviews, active litigation, and resolution. She has significant experience across an array of litigation phases including pleadings and case management in coordinated proceedings, fact and expert witness development, written discovery and depositions, dispositive motion practice, and settlement.
- In re Proton Pump Inhibitor Products Liability Litigation (II), MDL 2789 (D.N.J.): National counsel for Pfizer and Wyeth in product liability litigation alleging that proton pump inhibitors Protonix cause chronic kidney disease and other kidney injuries
- Essure Product Liability Litigation: Counsel for Bayer in product liability litigation alleging injuries caused by permanent contraceptive device
- In re Incretin Mimetics Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2452 (S.D. Cal.): National counsel for Novo Nordisk Inc. in product liability litigation alleging that Victoza cause pancreatic cancer resulting in summary judgment in favor of defense
- J.D., Columbia University School of Law 2014
Sidebar Editor, Columbia Law Review
B.A., Ethics, Politics & Economics (EP&E), Yale University 2011
- The Legal 500 United States
- Recommended, Product Liability, Mass Tort and Class Action: Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices - Defense (2022)
- Moderator, "MDLs: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly," Product Liability Advisory Counsel Spring Conference ("PLAC") (April 2022)
- Panelist, "The Rise of Global Product Liability and Class Action Litigation – Strategies to Protect Your Company," DLA Piper Product Liability Symposium (October 2022)
Before joining DLA Piper, Breanna was a litigation associate in a New York-based international law firm. In her role as a litigation associate, Breanna represented both private companies and public corporations in wide-ranging litigations in both state and federal courts, with a focus on complex commercial and securities litigation.
During law school, Breanna externed for the Honorable Laura Taylor Swain, United States District Court for the Southern District of New York. She also gained significant litigation experience during her externship with the Center for Appellate Litigation in New York, where she successfully argued an appellate brief in state court.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, DLA Piper Associate Advisory Council