Devon Fisher is a solicitor in the New Zealand corporate team. She has experience across a range of corporate, commercial and insolvency law matters, including cross-border M&A, equity capital markets and general corporate governance.
Devon advises and supports international and New Zealand based clients on complex transactions and their day-to-day legal needs. Her clients operate across a variety of industries including food and retail, technology and financial services.
- Advised Wētā FX Limited, and its shareholders Sean Parker and Prem Akkaraju, on the sale of Wētā’s VFX Tech Division to Unity Software Inc for USD1.6bn.
- Advised Auckland Council on the sale of its Amenities and Infrastructure Maintenance Services (AIMS) business unit, which is responsible for the operation and maintenance of Auckland's parks, sports fields, streets, trees, community buildings, stormwater and the airport.
- Advised Rothbury, a majority owned New Zealand company operating as the third largest insurance broker in New Zealand, and its subsidiary Rothbury Risk Services Limited (previously Life Holdings Limited) on its strategic exit from Lifetime Group Holdings Limited.
- Advised Mitre 10 New Zealand on its corporate governance obligations as well as a number of strategic corporate transactions.
- Advising Foodstuffs North Island, the largest domestic grocer and New Zealand’s second largest business, on its franchisee and ownership transactions as well as a number of strategic corporate transactions.
- Advising a range of international and domestic clients on their corporate governance obligations in New Zealand.