Andrew is a corporate lawyer focusing on cross-border M&A and investment, joint ventures, corporate advisory and equity capital markets transactions. He has particular capability with complex private treaty acquisitions and joint ventures, regulated takeovers, and equity capital markets matters. He regularly advises on high profile, complex cross-border transactions and has significant experience executing transactions across the Asia Pacific region.
Andrew is the head of DLA Piper's China practice in Australia. A fluent mandarin speaker, qualified in Australia and Hong Kong, he is the ideal advisor for Chinese enterprises on their flagship outbound investment projects in Australia and the Asia Pacific region - as well as for Australian companies on their investments into Hong Kong and China.
Andrew has excellent knowledge of the technology, consumer goods, mining, gas, agriculture and property sectors.
- Advising Insightsoftware, a global leader in enterprise resource planning and enterprise performance management on its acquisition of Australia-based business intelligence and corporate performance management platform Calumo.
- Advising POSCO on its USD240 million acquisition of a 30% equity interest in the Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation in Western Australia, in a transaction valuing the project at over US$1 billion. This transaction helped POSCO secure a strategic stake in this world class nickel operation, and to establish a stable supply of this product for POSCO for years to come.
- Advising Wipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO) on its acquisition of Ampion, an Australia-based provider of cyber security, DevOps and quality engineering services, for a purchase price in excess of USD100 million.
- Advising the founders of ThinkTilt, the Australia-based software company which developed ProForma, on the sale of ThinkTilt to Atlassian.
- Advising US-based software developer Playvox on its acquisition of 100% of the issued share capital in Agyle Time.
- Advising Hong Kong-listed Mason Group Holdings (HKEX: 0273) on the sale of its interest in Genea (a business providing IVF and fertility treatments in Australia and Asia) to another Hong Kong-listed entity, NWS. The transaction was structured as a Hong Kong-law governed share swap in certain Cayman Islands holding entities, under which NWS acquired Mason’s interest in Genea for payment of cash and transfer of shares in one of Mason’s non-wholly owned subsidiaries (bringing that subsidiary fully back within the Mason group).
- Advising hyperscale data centre specialist AirTrunk on the sale of a majority of equity in the AirTrunk Group by Goldman Sachs Special Situations Group and TPG Sixth Street Partners to Macquarie Group’s infrastructure arm, Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets, in a transaction valuing the AirTrunk Group at over AUD3 billion.
- Advising Eastfield, a Shenzhen-based manufacturing company, on the USD51 million sale of its subsidiary Lifi Labs Inc to ASX-listed Buddy Technologies Limited.
- Advising Ansteel, one of the world’s largest mining companies, on all aspects of its investment in the US$3 billion Karara Iron Ore Project in the Mid West region of Western Australia.
- Advising AirTrunk on all aspects of its new AUD200m data centre campus in Hong Kong. This transaction involved the negotiation of the site lease, consultant contracts, financing arrangements (debt and equity), and assistance with local planning and development approvals.
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- University of Melbourne, Master of Law, 2016
- University of Melbourne, Bachelor of Laws, 2008
- University of Melbourne, Bachelor of Arts, 2008
Lawyers Weekly Top 30 under 30 – M&A, 2013
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law institute of Victoria