Sarah Fountain practises in the areas of insurance, reinsurance and litigation. She focuses on professional indemnity insurance and has acted for a wide variety of professionals, including solicitors, accountants, auditors, insurance brokers, engineers, architects, surveyors, valuers and agronomists.
Her insurer clients include Australian insurers, Lloyds insurers and other international insurers.
She also provides advice to insurers and reinsurers on policy coverage and, more recently, has been providing advice in relation to large business interruption claims.
- Acting for insureds (on the instructions of their insurers) in hundreds of professional negligence claims, including claims against accountants, auditors, lawyers, engineers, architects, financial planners and insurance brokers
- Acting for a variety of professionals in professional conduct inquiries
- Providing indemnity advice to insurers in relation to a range of insurance policies, including professional indemnity policies, D&O policies, product liability policies, ISR policies and management liability policies
- Acting for auditors and their London based insurers in a $50 million claim arising out of the collapse of a financial intermediary and investment broker/adviser. The claim was brought by the liquidators of the collapsed company, who sought to increase the return to thousands of investors
- Acting for insurers and reinsurers in relation to business interruption claims, including a claim arising out of the flooding of mines, which was one of the largest single loss insurance claims that has been made in Australia
- Advising insurers in relation to drafting policy wordings
- Acting for defendants in oppression actions, which have involved complex business valuation issues
- Acting for plaintiffs and defendants in general commercial litigation matters, particularly contract disputes
Memberships And Affiliations
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Australian Professional Indemnity Group
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Women in Insurance