Joe Frew advises lenders and borrowers on all aspects of bilateral and syndicated finance transactions, with a particular focus on asset based lending, including real estate finance, across the UK.
Joe’s typical transactions involve structuring and documenting credit facilities based on the underlying value or performance of assets such as receivables, real estate or inventory.
Joe is co-head of DLA Piper’s national ABL team and also leads on Real Estate Finance matters in the North West.
Joe works proactively and collaboratively to deliver transactions for his clients, and is rated in both Chambers and Legal 500.
- Advising the sponsor and borrower in relation to GBP120 million of asset based lending facilities for a plant hire business.
- Acting for the syndicate of ABL providers on a facility of more than USD200 million to an oil and gas business.
- Helping an ABL provider with a unique structure to provide back-to-back ABL funding to a platform / peer-to-peer lender.
- Acting for a club of senior debt providers on over GBP100 million of senior development funding for a private rented sector (PRS) development in Manchester.
- Acting for direct lending funds providing senior and mezzanine development finance for various residential schemes in England & Scotland.
- Representing the family office of a high net worth individual on investment facilities to acquire or re-gear office buildings in London.
- Acting for local government housing funds and pension funds in the provision of real estate development facilities, including in connection with a four-tower, GBP200 million+ GDV scheme in Manchester.
- University of Liverpool, LLB (Hons)
- College of Law, Chester, LPC
- Joe regularly hosts DLA Piper’s “ABL Forum” for asset-based lending clients in London and Manchester.
- Joe is also a regular contributor to training and seminars on Real Estate Finance, including recent sessions on “build to rent” and regional Loan Market Association events.