Dr Cornelius FriePartner
The practice of Dr Cornelius Frie focuses on mergers and acquisitions, joint venture transactions as well as restructuring and corporate reorganisation projects. Cornelius has a clear industry focus and proven track record in the real estate, energy, IT and banking sectors.
Cornelius advises German and international corporates and financial investors on national and international complex M&A transactions, both from a seller's as well as a purchaser's perspective and on the structuring of such acquisitions (ie auction sale).
His area of expertise further covers all aspects of corporate and commercial law.
- Representation of Schroder Real Estate in connection with the sale of the "Victoriastadt Lofts" in Berlin.
- Advising DIC Asset AG in connection with the acquisition of the landmark properties "Uptown Munich" for approx. EUR635 million.
- Advising listed globally diversified US corporation in connection with the carve out of certain business units prior to their IPO.
- Ongoing advice to KGAL in connection with various acquisitions / divestitures (including the sale of a majority stake of the entity owning the Deutsche Telekom HQ).
- Advising international roofing systems manufacturer in connection with the complete overhaul of its corporate organization and sales structure.
- Universities of Saarbrucken and Cologne, Law
Awards & Recognitions
- JUVE Handbook 2022/2023: Frequently recommended for corporate law, energy law: regulatory and energy sector: transactions/financing; “reliable, fast & very efficient, very goal-oriented & pleasant cooperation”, client (2021/2022)
- Legal 500 Germany 2022: Recommended for corporate law; “Legally brilliant, very responsive, extremely pleasant to work with, perfect knowledge of English.”, “Was willing to understand the legal system of another jurisdiction to better help his clients.”
Prior to joining DLA Piper in 2006, Cornelius Frie has been a research assistant at German Aerospace Centre (DLR) and worked for a major US law firm.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Corporate Law Association (Gesellschaftsrechtliche Vereinigung (VGR) e.V.)
- German Association of Antitrust Lawyers (Studienvereinigung Kartellrecht e.V.)
- Cologne and German Bar Association
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises KGAL and Kiwoom Asset Management on the sale of Deutsche Telekom...
19 July 2022 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises UBS on the sale of a logistics portfolio to Prologis
26 June 2022 .1 minute read