Tomomi FujikougeOf Counsel
Tomomi Fujikouge's principal areas of practice are commercial contracts, IP licensing, outsourcing agreements, data privacy, e-commerce and insurance and financial services regulatory, in particular in respect of outsourcing arrangements of regulated entities.
- Advising US based mobile phone service provider on its outsourcing arrangement from insurance regulatory law perspective.
- Advising UK based IT company on its master service agreement for a software localization project with major Japanese companies.
- Advising US based software company on its master service agreement for a software localization project with major Japanese companies.
- Advising India based IT & outsourcing company on a commercial agreement for a research and development project with major pharmaceutical company.
- Advising India based IT & outsourcing company on commercial negotiations of its outsourcing agreement and software development agreement with a Japanese counter party.
- Advising US based media company on the share purchase of a Japanese company including advice on IP rights.
- Advising US based media company in its acquisition of a Japanese game developing studio led by a top game creator including advice on IP rights.
- Advising an online retailer on its bilingual localized user agreements that include shipping and return policies, incentive programs, licensing issues and privacy policies.
- Advising a Hong Kong financial service provider on scheme of bankruptcy remoteness under Japanese bankruptcy and trust law.
- Osaka University of Foreign Studies, B.A., 1999
- '2023 Overseas Legal News', article in Business Homu, April 2023
- 'Global Legal News' - Recent Trend of EU Web Accessibility, Business Legal Magazine, March 2017
- '2H 2014 Global Legal News (International Dispute, Arbitration)' - Amendment of Singapore Arbitration and Mediation Law, and establishment of Singapore International Commercial Court, Business Legal Magazine, October 2014
- 'World Legal News' - Amendment of PRC Trademark Act, Business Legal Magazine, August 2014
- '1H 2012 Global Legal News (Bankruptcy)' - Amendment of Personal Property Securities Act 2009 in Australia, and amendment of bankruptcy proceedings in Germany, Business Legal Magazine, August 2012
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of Tokyo Bar Association
- Member of Bankruptcy Lawyer's Network
My latest insights
Navigating Asia-Pacific data breach notification requirements
16 February 2023 .1 minute read
DLA Piper advises Société BIC SA on its acquisition of inkbox ink incorporated, making BIC...
15 March 2022 .5 minute read