Fabiano Gallo is a senior partner in Campos Mello Advogados' Corporate and Energy practices, based in São Paulo.
Fabiano advises on issues involving different areas of law, particularly corporate, mergers and acquisitions, listed companies and corporate governance, foreign investment, energy and infrastructure.
Before joining the firm in 2010, Fabiano served as partner at a prominent Brazilian law firm, co-heading their Corporate and Oil and Gas practices in Rio de Janeiro. Before that, he worked at Telecom Italia Group as the Legal Director and General Secretary of TIM Participações S.A.
Fabiano's client list includes various Brazilian and foreign companies in different sectors, including industrial goods and services, energy and infrastructure, defense and security, food and beverage, telecommunications, healthcare and retail.
DLA Piper and Campos Mello Advogados (CMA) are separate and independent law firms, which work in cooperation with one another. Partners of DLA Piper are not partners of CMA; and CMA partners are not partners of DLA Piper.
- Executive Program - Mergers & Acquisitions, Harvard Law School 2019
- Post-Graduate Degree, Corporate Law, Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo 2000
- B.A., Law, Universidade de São Paulo 1998
- Fabiano Gallo was included in the 2020 Best Lawyers in Latin America for Corporate and M&A Law in Brazil.
- One of the most admired Brazilian lawyers in Corporate
- Análise Advocacia 500: 2009, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Leading individual in Energy and Infrastructure Project Development, M&A, Banking and Project Finance
- IFLR 1000: 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018
- Endorsed lawyer in Corporate/M&A
- PLC Which Lawyer?: 2010 and 2012
- Recommended Lawyer in Electricity
- Leading lawyer in Projects, Corporate and Commercial, Power and Energy and Natural Resources
- IFLR 1000: 2013
- Chambers Global
2022 - Band 5, Brazil Corporate/M&A
Chambers comments, "Fabiano Gallo is appreciated by an interviewee for his 'commercial awareness, timely replies and constructive posture to assist the client.' Clients admire his skills conducting due diligence. Another source says: 'There is hardly any question Fabiano can’t answer. In addition to that he has a lot of accounting expertise, which is essential for transactional matters.'
- Chambers Brazil: Transactional
2021 - Band 5, Brazil Corporate/M&A
- The Legal 500 Latin America
2022 - Recommended, Brazil Energy and Natural Resources: Electricity: Renewable Energy
The Legal 500 comments, "Department head Fabiano Gallo is proficient in renewable energy and transactional matters." Clients say, "The partner Fabiano Gallo has differentiated, agile technical and business knowledge, available to the client and whose experience in energy operations adds a lot to the negotiations."
2021 - Recommended, Brazil Energy and Natural Resources: Electricity: Renewable Energy
2016-18 - Recommended, Brazil Projects and Infrastructure
2013, 2016-19, 2021-22 - Recommended, Brazil Corporate and M&A
2013-19 - Recommended, Brazil Energy and Natural Resources: Electricity
2013 - Recommended, Energy & Natural Resources: Oil & Gas
Excellence and Relationship
- "Electricity Regulation in Brazil," Practical Law Global Guide, 2015/2016
- Global Legal Insights Mergers & Acquisitions – Fourth Edition, Global Legal Group, 2015
- Global Legal Insights Mergers & Acquisitions – Third Edition, Global Legal Group, 2014
Memberships And Affiliations
- Brazilian Bar Association (OAB), São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Pernambuco Chapters
- Institute of Applied Corporate Law (IDSA)
- Brazilian Association of Listed Companies (ABRASCA)