Thomas E. GaynorPartner
Thomas Gaynor represents clients from a wide range of industries in complex international corporate and finance transactions. He handles public and private international company mergers and acquisitions, recapitalizations, corporate governance, venture and private equity debt and equity financings, LLC and corporate formations and joint ventures, and domestic/offshore investment fund creation. Tom has worked with clients across the business spectrum, including digital media and technology startups, manufacturing, entertainment, fashion, food and beverage, life sciences, real estate, financial services, durable consumer goods, retail appliance and electronics products, wireless and remote technology solutions and clean-tech energy and solar companies. He has also worked with real estate fund portfolios, cross-border finance and other general business and commercial services.
Many of Tom's clients are based outside of the United States, and he provides these multinational entities with a broad range of legal services and practical business strategy and advice. This practice focuses on Asia, Australia and Europe, with Thailand, Japan, Hong Kong, UK, France and Italy specifically, where he has presented at a variety of technology conferences and spoken at several university and incubator programs.
Before becoming a lawyer, Tom was a marketing director for a major DC-based trade association and a political fundraiser for a DC-based political action committee.
Among Tom's recent transactions are cross-border financings for technology and consumer-related companies, the sale of an energy storage solutions startup, the purchase of several strategic portfolio companies, a major global licensing deal for a consumer goods company and a public company acquisition for a global technology company.
- J.D., Boston College Law School 2001
- B.S., in Foreign Service (International Humanities), School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University
- How the US-China trade war has starved some Silicon Valley start-ups CNBC | February 1, 2020
- Exercise your way to becoming a smarter lawyer Law.com | April 23, 2019
- The story behind the nation's first standalone LGBTQ+ accelerator, which graduates its 20th startup today Entrepreneur | November 28, 2018
- The 1993 March on Washington remembered Los Angeles Blade | September 22, 2018
- The new civil right: How the LGBTQ community can knock down barriers to economic empowerment San Francisco Business Times | June 14, 2018
- LGBT pride: Weighing the state of equality in the law Law360 | May 31, 2018
- Here's how businesses are welcoming nonprofits to share their space San Francisco Business Times | July 19, 2017
- These Work-Life Balance Strategies Help Even in the Most Demanding Jobs Fast Company | September 27, 2016