Barnabás GergelyJunior Associate
Barnabás Gergely has experience in advising clients on Hungarian and EU antitrust and competition law with a particular focus on merger control, cartel, abuse of dominance and distribution matters. He also gained experience in providing compliance advice as well as conducting audits and risk assessments.
His experience covers several industry sectors including telecommunications, FMCG, agribusiness and transport (automotive).
- PGD in EU Competition Law, King’s College London, 2021-2022
- J.D., Eötvös Loránd University, Faculty of Law, Budapest, Hungary, 2013-2019
Publications and media
- Barnabás Gergely and Tihamér Tóth: 'The Damages Directive in Hungary', in Andrea Biondi, Gabriella Muscolo and Renato Nazzini (eds), After the Damages Directive: Policy and Practice in the EU Member States and the United Kingdom (1st edn, Kluwer Law International 2022)
- Prior to joining DLA Piper, he worked at a leading international law firm in Budapest.
Memberships and Affiliations
- Junior Associate (Ügyvédjelölt) admitted to the Budapest Bar Association (Budapesti Ügyvédi Kamara), 2019