Adam Ghander has extensive experience advising strategic acquirers, private equity and venture sponsors, and emerging companies in business transactions, including domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, growth equity, control investments and leveraged buyouts, strategic partnerships, and corporate governance and fiduciary duty matters.
Adam also represents private equity and venture portfolio companies in ongoing corporate matters, including acquisitions and financings.
Adam has experience in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, technology, food and beverage, banking and financial services, healthcare, e-commerce and mobile applications, and professional sports.
Representative engagements include:
- Acquisition of TaylorMade Golf Company by Centroid Investment Partners, a Seoul-based private equity firm and ongoing representation of TaylorMade
- Cimpress N.V. (NASDAQ: CMPR), parent company of Vista, in multiple transactions, including its Acquisition of large-format print product provider BuildASign and online graphic design editor Crello and stock photo marketplace Depositphotos
- Haemonetics Corporation (NYSE: HAE), in multiple transactions, including its acquisition of Cardiva Medica, Inc.
- CIRCOR International, Inc. (NYSE: CIR), in multiple transactions, including its acquisition of Critical Flow Solutions, provider of highly engineered products for oil and gas, power generation, and aerospace markets, from affiliate of Sun Capital Partners
- NXC Corporation, a Korean public asset management company, in multiple transactions and investments
- Omaha-based private equity sponsor McCarthy Capital in multiple transactions, including its investments in Corkcicle, the trend leader in fashion-forward, premium insulated drinkware, barware and soft-coolers; Bamboo Rose, provider of the digital B2B marketplace; and Seven10 Storage Software LLC, provider of enterprise software-defined-storage solutions
- Representation of venture sponsor Roo Capital Partners, including in its investments in digital platform for the dental community Tempmee Hygienist and healthcare staffing technology company Florence Staffing Ltd.
- Representation of Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE:BSX), including in securities and corporate governance matters
- Strategic growth investment by New York-based private equity firm Argentum in UFA, Inc.
- Sale of enterprise resource planning software solution provider Open Systems Adaptable Solutions to Aptean portfolio company
- Sale of flight maintenance tracking software company Flightdocs to private equity-backed Aircraft Technical Publishers
- Acquisition of Digital Lumens Inc., industrial Internet of Things solutions provider, by Munich-based OSRAM Licht AG (OTCMKTS:OSAGF)
- Acquisition of product line from multinational corporation by client based in Japan
- Acquisition of publicly-traded bank by publicly-traded strategic buyer for US$160 million in cash
- Sale of private equity portfolio company in the telecommunications industry to privately-held financial purchaser for US$210 million and negotiation of post-closing escrow dispute
- J.D., Boston College Law School 2002
- B.A., Saint Anselm College 1999
summa cum laude
- Chambers USA
Band 4, Massachusetts Corporate/M&A, multiple years
Chambers comments, "Adam Ghander enjoys a strong reputation for his work on behalf of growth and emerging companies on the full suite of their corporate law needs, including M&A, joint ventures, financings and corporate governance matters. He also acts for investor-side clients, including private equity and venture capital firms." Clients say, "He just provides a lot of good business sense." "He has an attention to detail that has served me well throughout my own career, and he's really strong technically."
- The Best Lawyers in America, multiple years
- Go To Business Lawyer, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, 2022
- Emerging Leaders Award, The M&A Advisor, 2017
- Member, Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce's Future Leaders, 2013
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2013
- Moderator, Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) Tech Conference, 2015 and 2016
- Moderator and Panelist, The Capital Network Life Sciences and Venture Fast Track Program, 2010-201
- Adjunct Professor, Boston University School of Management
- "DLA Piper, Orrick Steer Clutter's $152M NYC Storage Buy," Law360, September 20, 2019
Adam previously worked as a corporate attorney in the Boston office of an international law firm and as in-house counsel for a publicly-traded manufacturing and technology company.
Following law school, Adam served two federal judicial court clerkships, first with Robert D. Martin, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Wisconsin, and second with John A. Woodcock, United States District Court for the District of Maine.
Adam served as the editor-in-chief of the Uniform Commercial Code Reporter-Digest while at Boston College Law School.
Adam is currently a member of the Board of Trustees of Saint Anselm College in Manchester, New Hampshire.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Board Member, Association for Corporate Growth (ACG), Boston Chapter
My latest insights
DLA Piper represents TaylorMade Golf in its strategic investment in PopStroke
18 January 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper represents Centroid in its strategic investment in Concert Golf
2 October 2022 .2 minute read