Deepak Gill has extensive experience advising public and private companies on corporate and securities law issues.
Deepak has assisted clients with respect to corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, strategic corporate development, complex agreements, capital market regulatory compliance, continuous disclosure obligations, initial public offerings and stock exchange listings. His transactional experience includes domestic and international public and private company financings, joint venture arrangements, takeover bids, statutory plans of arrangement, asset purchases and sales and corporate reorganizations.
Deepak has worked with clients in a broad range of industries, including mining, renewable energy, power, technology, transportation, media, retail, telecom, hospitality and financial services, and he often advises foreign enterprises with respect to entry-to-Canada matters. Deepak has also acted for senior levels of government and Crown corporations with respect to procurement matters and on the design and implementation of corporate resource management solutions.
Deepak is recognized in the 2022 Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as a Repeatedly Recommended Lawyer in the area of Mining. In 2015, Deepak was the sole Canadian practitioner recognized as being among the top 40 under 40 legal advisors by The M&A Advisor’s 6th Annual “40 Under 40 Emerging Leaders Awards.” He has also been recognized by Latinvex as a Key Practitioner.
- Acted for Jourdan Resources Inc. (TSX: JOR; OTCQB: JORFF; FWB and XSTU: 2JR1) in connection with an equity financing and earn-in transaction with Sayona Mining Limited (ASX: SYA; OTCQB: SYAXF), pursuant to which Sayona acquired a 9.9% equity stake in Jourdan, and Sayona’s subsidiary, North American Lithium Inc., entered into an earn-in arrangement with Jourdan to earn up to a 51% interest in Jourdan’s Vallée lithium project in Quebec by meeting certain spending commitments.
- Antofagasta plc in its US$1.005 billion cash acquisition of a 50% interest in the Zaldivar Copper Mine from Barrick Gold Corporation and its $96 million plan of arrangement with Duluth Metals Limited and for Antofagasta Minerals S.A. on numerous option and joint venture earn-in and strategic alliance transactions
- NIBE Industrier AB (publ) in its $378 million acquisition of Waterfurnace Renewable Energy, Inc.
- A geothermal energy company in connection with the acquisition of significant portions of an Icelandic geothermal company and with a $575 million merger with a run-of-river and wind projects company
- A leading Canadian gold producer in connection with a $2.5 billion acquisition by way of plan of arrangement
- Several early to advanced stage technology, agricultural and pharmaceutical companies in connection with various aspects of their corporate development, including formation, implementation of governance structures, shareholder arrangements and raising capital
- AmmPower in $3 million private placement with institutional investor
- The Agents in Eat Well’s $4.83 million brokered private placement
- The Agents in Nevada Lithium’s $5.51 million brokered private placement
- The Agents in GoldMining’s US$50 million at-the-market equity program
- Brains Bioceutical in US$10 million capital raise led by DSM Venturing
- The Agents in Uranium Royalty’s US$40 million at-the-market equity program
- Aquarius AI in listing on the Canadian Securities Exchange and acquisition of Podkast Entertainment
- Brains Bioceutical in US$31.9 Million capital raise led by DSM Venturing and exclusive Global Partnership with Royal DSM
- BMO in Uranium Royalty’s $25 million bought deal offering
- Alpha Esports in the commencement of trading on the CSE
- United Lithium in acquisition of the Bergby Lithium Project in Sweden
- United Lithium in $9.2 million private placement offering of special warrants
- TeleCure Technologies in $8.83 million private placement
- Havn Life Sciences in $11.5 million bought deal financing
- UBM in amalgamation and acquisition of option in Barbara Lake lithium property
- HAVN Life Sciences Inc. in commencement of trading on the CSE
- IMC International Mining Corp. in brokered private placement
- IMC International in commencement of rading on the Canadian Securities Exchange
- LL.B., University of British Columbia, 2004
- B.A. (Hons.) University of British Columbia
- Best Lawyers in Canada (Natural Resources Law) 2023
- Recognized in the 2022 Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as a Repeatedly Recommended Lawyer in the area of Mining
- The M&A Advisor, Emerging Leader: 40 Under 40
- Latinvex, Key Practitioner
Memberships And Affiliations
- Arbitration Advisory Group of the Attorney General of British Columbia
- Institute of Corporate Directors
- Law Society of British Columbia