Paula González de CastejónPartner
I like to understand clients' needs so that I can offer them practical advice that helps them in the decision-making process and generates trust.
Paula González de Castejón is an IPT lawyer and with over 20 years’ experience.
Her professional experience includes areas such as life sciences and pharmaceutical law, intellectual and industrial property, the online gambling sector, data protection, gaming regulation, contract law and e-commerce, among others.
Paula has significant experience in advising international pharmaceutical and medical devices companies in regulatory matters, relationship with HCP, transparency matters and advertising matters. Also, she has vast experience in assisting companies withing the healthcare sector and commercial matters (drafting, reviewing and negotiating distribution, agency and license agreement).
She has been seconded in two major pharmaceutical and medical devices companies so she understands the insights and needs of the sector.
Paula has worked with numerous international operators of online gambling in obtaining administrative licenses necessary to operate online gambling regulated in Spain. Similarly, she has provided regulatory advice to these companies on a recurring basis.
She has assisted international clients in complying with the demanding data protection regulation in Spain, carrying out data protection audits, drafting security documents and implementing international policies of privacy and data protection.
Paula advises multinationals on anti-piracy and unfair competition matters. She has also advised clients on strategies focused on avoiding possible conflicts and responsibilities related to trademarks, copyright and other intellectual property rights.
In addition, she has significant experience in advising multinationals on electronic contracting and the potential civil and criminal liability that could arise from web site content and e-mails, as well as in relation to the development of internet/e-mail policies and compliance with the strict provisions of Spanish privacy law.
Furthermore, she has advised Spanish entities in the theft of client database and public disclosure thereof, theft of identity, wrong transfer of data to undue addressees, banking sector-related cyber incidents and life sciences related incidents
Her opinion is greatly appreciated in expert forums such as, Fundacion CEFI and FIDE and she regularly collaborates with CEFI. Furthermore, she regularly participates and has written many articles for important newspapers and legal magazines in Spain.
She is also country correspondent for The International Company & Commercial Law Review and Computer Law Review International.
- Regularly advising a leading pharmaceutical company with regulatory advice on transparency matters, relationship with healthcare professionals, data protection matters and public procurement.
- Advising a leading biopharmaceutical solutions organization on telemedicine regulation, particularly on regulatory requirements applicable to nursing services at trial subjects’ homes.
- Advising a leading pharmaceutical company on CV-19 vaccine Europe supply agreements, mainly on regulatory aspects.
- Advising a leading international online gambling platform provider in compliance with the Spanish regulatory framework as well as negotiating potential claims from its clients.
- Advising one of the leaders of the online entertainment market in Europe regarding the Spanish strict regulatory framework for this type of activities, representing the client in front of the Spanish Online Gambling regulator.
- Advising international gambling operator in compliance with the Spanish regulatory requirements, specifically in connection with new Royal Decree on commercial communications of gambling activities.
- Advising a global online sports betting company on an intellectual property potential conflict of the Premiere League rights under British Law, as well as on its representation before the Spanish Online Gambling regulator.
- 2000 Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Spain) Law Degree
- Universidad Complutense de Madrid (Spain) Technology and Law Master Degree
- Instituto de Empresa - CESJE (Spain) MBA
- Country correspondent for The International Company & Commercial Law Review and Computer Law Review International
- Paula regularly participates and writed many articles for important newspapers and legal magazines in Spain. Some of the most relevant examples are from the gambling and life sciences sectors: “Operadores de juego online aceleran su mudanza desde otros países a Ceuta y Melilla” and “las zonas oscuras de la telemedicina”.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Madrid Bar Association (Ilustre Colegio de Abogados de Madrid) since 2000
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Société Générale on acquisition of Bandasabadell Renting and signing...
10 May 2021 .3 minute read