Diego González is a senior associate at the Labour and Employment group in Chile. He advises national and international companies in contractual and corporate labor matters, compliance and labor auditing processes, due diligence for the sale and merger of Chilean and foreign companies, collective bargaining procedures, immigration matters for expatriates and labor lawsuits.
- Transportation company: Successful representation on an alledged labor claim for unfair dismissal by the ground of serious breach of the obligations imposed by the employment agreement.
- Consumer goods company: Successful representation on a trial of an alledged violation of fundamental rights and wrongful dismissal regarding a finance officer employee.
- Education foundation: Successful defense in Court due to an alledged claim of discrimination on health grounds, invalidation of an agreement and unfair dismissal action.
- Food industry company: Representation on several labor trials regarding alledged unjustified dismissal based on lack of probity of several employees.
- Technological companies: Representation on several labor trials regarding an alledged labor recognition in digital platform models.
- Desalination plant company: Advise in the administrative procedures before the Labor Directorate and the Health authority following an unfortunate fatal work-related accident suffered by a subcontracted employee that occurred in the operation of the plant.
- Medical industry company: Successfully advised the client -a multinational company which provides services of industrial and medical gases to the state, companies, and oxygen-dependent persons- in a regulated collective bargaining process with its only union, actively participating in the negotiation meetings and the preparation of documents.
- Human resources company: Successfully advised a multinational enterprise which provides point-of-sale replenishment services to several companies, in a regulated collective bargaining process with its only union, actively participating in the negotiation meetings and the preparation of documents.
- Technology company: Advised to a client, a top platform company for selling goods in Latin America, in regard to the implementation of a new business model in Chile.
- Medical industry company: Advice to a global medical technology client in relation to the transfer of employees and termination of the company's employment agreements in connection with the sale of its heart valve business line in Chile.
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile School of Law, Law Degree, 2013
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile School of Law, Diploma in Labor Law and Social Security, 2013
- Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile School of Law, Diploma in Corporate Governance, 2020
- Pro Bono Lawyer Award 2021, DLA Piper in Chile
The Legal 500 Latin America
- Rising Star, Chile, Labour & Employment (2023, 2024)
Experience representing pro bono clients in immigration matters, advising non-profit corporations and migrants, labor trials, and labor and social security advice to non-profit corporations and foundations.
Before joining the firm, Diego worked as an associate at a prominent Chilean law firm.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Chilean Bar Association