Marie Goossens is a financial services regulatory lawyer, practicing in the area of Banking, Asset Management, Financial Services, FinTech and Insurance Law. Strategic regulatory projects, complex cross-border transactions, corporate governance issues and FinTech related matters are her core area of practice.
Marie's clients include established credit institutions, investment funds, insurers alongside start-ups, challenger banks, and (alternative) payment service providers. She advises these companies on the full life cycle of financial regulatory matters.
Marie holds a Master's Degree in Law from University of Antwerp (Magna Cum Laude). She studied abroad in Singapore (National University of Singapore) and the United Kingdom (University of Oxford). Marie has a 10% - research mandate at the University of Antwerp in the Research Group on Corporate and Financial Law.
Marie joined DLA Piper in 2019.
- Advising a Belgian credit institution with its first strategic partnership with a financial management open banking platform.
- Advising a Belgian financial conglomerate on its internal reorganization and prudential structuring, and the implementation thereof.
- Advising numerous private equity funds/venture capital funds with their structuring and set-up, reorganizations and product offering/distribution.
- Marie is on a legal secondment at a Belgian credit institution, supporting the legal department with its day-to-day questions one day a week. Both corporate and regulatory work are included in the scope of the secondment, with a particular focus on MiFID and funds.
- University of Antwerp, Master of Laws, Magna Cum Laude, 2019
- National University of Singapore, Study Abroad, 2018
- University of Oxford, Study Abroad, 2017