Elise Furtwangler GreenPartner
Elise Furtwangler Green focuses on representing institutional investors and private equity funds on a broad range of issues including direct investments, secondary transactions, structured co-investments and portfolio investments in alternative assets.
Elise represents some of the most active fund of funds and institutional investors within and outside of the United States in investments in alternative assets, including private equity funds, real estate funds, energy funds, venture capital funds, emerging managers and emerging markets. In addition, Elise negotiates and advises in secondary portfolio transactions and assists clients in all stages of the secondary transaction process.
Elise's extensive experience in public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance matters, and securities exchange reporting and compliance allows her to best represent institutional investors in direct investments both sourced by the client and made alongside a sponsor.
Earlier in her career, Elise served as a law clerk to the Honorable Fortunato P. Benavides of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- A large state retirement fund in its $100 million direct investment in a Silicon Valley technology company
- A endowment in its secondary sale of over $750 million private equity investments
- A large state retirement fund in the transfer of all of its private equity investments to a managed account
- A Danish insurance company in a $25 million investment in a co-investment vehicle formed to invest in a Brazilian portfolio company
- Multiple investors in a $3.5 billion venture capital fund
- A United States private equity fund of funds in its $30 million investment in an energy-focused private equity fund
- A Danish fund of funds in a $30 million investment in a Japanese portfolio company
- J.D., University of Illinois College of Law
Order of the Coif
Administrative Editor, University of Illinois Law Review
summa cum laude
- B.B.A., University of Iowa
- Chambers USA
2021 - Band 3, Nationwide Investment Funds: Investor Representation
- Chambers Global
2022 - Band 3, USA Investment Funds: Investor Representation
Chambers comments, "Elise Green has considerable experience of advising institutional investors on both direct investments and structured co-investments." Clients say, "I value her knowledge of the market and view of challenges." "Elise is an amazingly talented attorney who is smart, commercial, and able to simplify complex concepts and ideas."
- Panelist, "Endowment & Foundation Forum," The 18th Annual Endowment and Foundation Forum, 2016