Clare has concentrated on employment law for in the region of 20 years. Clare Gregory's practice focuses on the employment implications of business transfers and outsourcing, as well as senior executive severances. Clare is also experienced in managing cross border projects involving employment issues across several jurisdictions, and reporting to clients on multi-jurisdiction issues. She also regularly handles cases where instructions are received from outside of the UK.
Clare has a particular interest in collective consultation and outsourcing issues and has been involved in advising on a Court of Appeal case involving the application of TUPE, as well as cases of significant value in both areas. Clare is regularly instructed by clients in relation to the removal and appointment of directors.
- Advising listed companies on the removal and appointment of Board level directors in both contentious and non-contentious situations; including advice on level of payment that can be made and the effect of dismissal on share incentive plans and long term bonus arrangements
- Managing cross border projects involving employment issues across several jurisdictions and reporting to clients on multi-jurisdiction issues including issues which include collective consultation requirements on both outsourcing and site closures
- Advising clients on injunction applications in the High Court in respect of former employees alleged to have breached of restrictive covenants in their contracts of employment
- Successfully defending clients in the Employment Tribunal in respect of all types of claim including protective award claims where there is an alleged failure to inform and consult, allegations that TUPE applied to transfer the contracts of employment to a respondent and high value, complex discrimination claims
- Advising on the employment aspects of outsourcing on both the customer and supplier side
- Akzo Nobel NV
- Dixons Carphone plc
- Dreams Limited
- HCL Technology Limited
- CBRE Inc.
- Mothercare plc
- Puma United Kingdom Limited
- Wilko Retail Ltd
Memberships And Affiliations
My latest insights
UK Employment Law Podcast Episode 2: UK Employment Law Health Check 2020
23 September 2020 .1 minute read