Lauren advises on all aspects of real estate transactions with a particular focus on build and lease contracts for industrial, retail and commercial projects. She has acted for several large retail and commercial landlord and tenant clients, both in the Middle East and New Zealand.
Prior to joining DLA Piper, Lauren spent three years working in the real estate team at New Zealand’s largest commercial law firm. This provided her with experience advising New Zealand's largest property investors and developers on all aspects of real estate transactions, including real estate acquisitions and disposals, leasing, developments and finance, as well as property restructuring and insolvency.
- advising one of the largest real estate private equity and investment management firms in the world on the property aspects in relation to the acquisition of various industrial sites in Auckland
- acting for an ASX-listed Australasian property investment manager (and part of the S&P/ASX300) with its property acquisitions, disposals and leasing matters, including the acquisition of a large shopping centre for $191.6 million, the acquisition of a $60 million medical centre in Hamilton, and the subdivision and partial disposal of a large industrial site in Auckland
- advising receivers appointed to sell the business of New Zealand’s largest manufacturer and exporter of wood products on the real estate aspects of the transaction
- acting for one of the world’s largest institutional investors on the acquisition of significant forestry assets in New Zealand, including reviewing the underlying titles and interests for each site and attending to completion
- acting for New Zealand’s largest financial services group on the property aspects of funding various large-scale developments in Auckland
- acting for an ASX listed construction company, on its property acquisitions, development agreements and disposals, including assisting with the redevelopment of a large site in Auckland for market and social housing, and attending to the settlement of each property within the development
- acting for a large New Zealand based property developer in relation to the acquisition of a large industrial portfolio in Nelson and subsequent lease back to one of New Zealand’s largest distributors of fresh produce, and the subsequent acquisition, subdivision and partial disposal of the neighbouring site
- Victoria University of Wellington, LLB, BA