Robert Groves is a corporate lawyer who has extensive experience in all aspects of secured lending transactions, whether acting for borrowers or lenders. He is also very familiar with all commercial aspects of insolvency transactions.
Robert has worked extensively for secured parties in structuring and drafting mineral streaming agreements. He also has particular expertise in real estate matters relating to housing co-operatives, including the regulation and financing of their operations.
As part of his corporate practice, Robert has provided advice on credit union regulatory matters with an emphasis on issues relating to privacy and protection from money laundering.
- Acted for the seller of CUL Administration of Canada Ltd in its acquisition by U.S. based Auto Financial Group
- Represented a major British Columbia forest company in its $100 million refinancing.
- Represented Pattern Renewable Holdings Canada ULC in its purchase of the Meikle and Tumbler Ridge wind power projects in northern British Columbia.
- Acted for Canacol Energy Ltd. on its $220 Million Second Amended and Restated Credit Facility.
- Acted for Western Forest Products on its $66.7 Million Secondary Offering by Brookfield Special Situations.
- LL.B., University of British Columbia, 1980
- B.A., Simon Fraser University, 1971
- Best Lawyers in Canada (Banking & Finance Law), 2015-2023
- Martindale-Hubbell, Distinguished® Peer Review Rated
- Panelist and contributor, Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association (Banking and Insolvency Subsections)