Gemma GrunewaldSenior Associate
Gemma Grunewald is a Senior Associate in the Tax practice group. Gemma acts for a wide range of clients including listed and unlisted companies, private equity funds, and institutional investors. Gemma has a wide range of experience advising on UK tax matters (both transactional and advisory in nature), in particular M&A, financing, real estate, and stamp taxes. Her experience includes corporate and real estate acquisitions and disposals, group reorganisations and cross-border matters.
Gemma is a Chartered Tax Adviser.
- Advising a leading fund manager on the purchase of a GBP900m property portfolio structured as an asset purchase with a subsequent sale of shares in a number of the purchasing vehicles.
- Advising Warner Bros. Discovery on its joint venture with BT to create a new premium sport offering for the UK and Ireland and to transfer the operating businesses of BT Sport to Warner Bros. Discovery, as well as advising the latter on its own internal restructuring.
- Advising both lenders and borrowers on the tax implications of their financing arrangements and negotiating relevant provisions of facility agreements.
- Advising developers on tax efficient structures of both corporate and residential real estate development projects.
- Advising on a number of recent real estate asset purchases, including providing advice on VAT, SDLT and capital allowances.
- University of Law, Moorgate, LPC (Distinction) , 2012
- University of Law, Bloomsbury, GDL (Distinction), 2011
- University of Cambridge, BA in History, 2010
- Three years’ experience in a Magic Circle Law Firm in London (2012 – 2016)
- Five years’ experience in another City Law Firm in London (2016 – 2021)
Memberships And Affiliations
- Chartered Institute of Taxation
- Association of Tax Technicians, 2018