Jon P. GorehamAssociate
Jon Goreham has experience in a broad range of commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, financing and leasing. His practice is particularly focused on representing commercial real estate lenders in the origination of mortgage and mezzanine loans, workouts and deed-in-lieu transactions, and secondary financings.
- Representation of a lender in a US$990 million mortgage loan secured by a pool of office, multifamily and industrial assets
- Representation of a lender in two mortgage loans totaling US$915 million secured by a portfolio of 100 properties in 16 states
- Representation of lender parties in connection with the financing of various NFL, NBA and MLB stadiums and arenas
- Representation of a lender in a US$375 million mortgage loan and US$100 million mezzanine loan secured by an industrial portfolio of 28 properties in 11 states
- Representation of a lender in a US$250 million loan secured by property known as Presidential Towers, Chicago
- Representation of a purchaser of two medical office buildings in Chicago, IL consisting of both fee and air rights interests
- Representation of a lender in a US$75 million permanent financing facility secured by the Ponte Vedra Inn & Country Club, a 300-acre luxury hotel and country club resort featuring multiple golf courses, restaurants and a spa, located along the Atlantic Ocean in Ponte Vedra, Florida
- Representation of a lender in a US$43.825 million loan secured by the Graduate Hotel, Seattle
- Representation of a lender in connection with a US$320 million loan secured by a trophy office building in downtown San Francisco, California
- J.D., Emory University School of Law
- B.A., Wheaton College
- Chambers USA
- Associates to Watch, Illinois Real Estate (2020-2022)
Chambers USA has included Jon among their list of "Associates to Watch" for three consecutive years. Chambers noted that Jon "has a growing profile for his work supporting clients in real estate financings," with interviewees saying that "Jon's attention to detail, problem solving and responsiveness are superb" and Jon "runs very complicated, large financings single-handedly and he's a very knowledgeable, attentive attorney who works very hard."
Jon has experience representing charitable organizations in connection with their incorporation and filing for tax exemption with IRS.