David Hamilton is an experienced antitrust and business litigator who serves as a strategic advisor to businesses as well as government and community enterprises. He has tried numerous antitrust and business competition cases for domestic and multinational companies in sectors such as healthcare, manufacturing, consumer products and financial and advisory services.
David regularly provides clients with antitrust counseling and other regulatory matters that arise at the intersection of litigation, corporate, intellectual property and government affairs. Some of his notable experience includes representing a publicly traded paperboard company in antitrust and patent litigation, defending a national healthcare system against alleged antitrust violations arising from contracting practices, and representing a publicly traded international chemical company in defense of international cartel price-fixing allegations.
- Represented a publicly traded paperboard company in antitrust and patent litigation.
- Represented a national healthcare system in defense of antitrust violations arising from contracting practices.
- Represented a publicly traded international chemical company in defense of international cartel price-fixing allegations.
- Represented five national academic medical center hospitals in defense of an antitrust class action by medical residents.
- Represented a tobacco products manufacturer in a five-week trial on patent issues involving curing tobacco.
- Represented companies and individuals charged with civil fraud and piercing the corporate veil allegations by the US government.
- Represented a medical device distributor in litigation and regulatory matters.
- Represented a national credit counseling company in multiple state litigation and regulatory matters.
- Represented an international airport infrastructure developer in all litigation and non-litigation matters, including labor disputes, intellectual property protection and contract and leasing protection.
- Represented wealth management and financial advisory companies in litigation and regulatory matters.
- Represented several skilled nursing facilities in multiple jurisdiction litigation, qui tam cases and medical mistreatment allegations.
- J.D., University of Maryland School of Law
- M.A., Duquesne University
- B.A., Duquesne University