Humera has experience supporting on a number of projects under the PPP framework, working across sectors such as social infrastructure (schools and roads) and waste management.
She has a keen interest in the renewables and energy sector and has taken an interest in attending relevant conferences such as the Westminster Energy, Environment & Transport Forum Keynote Seminar in 2019.
Humera also supports DLA Piper’s internal know how project, project Excellence, by assisting in the development of best practice precedent documents. Outside of work, she supports Healthcare 4 All, an international charity that uses telemedicine to bring health care to rural communities in developing countries.
- Birmingham City Council (BCC), as the procuring authority, in relation to the restructuring of the 25-year PFI highways contract, worth an estimated GBP2.6 billion. Following the settlement of a long-running dispute with outsourcing infrastructure company, Amey, DLA Piper is advising Birmingham City Council on procuring a full scope service contract for all the maintenance and capital works delivery required to achieve the investment output requirements and maintain these through to handback. Humera Provided general support to the team including reviewing key subcontracts such as the surfacing subcontract and assisting in drafting the key procurement documents for the long-term procurement.
- The Welsh Government on its first roads PPP, the A465 Heads of the Valley Project.
- Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency on a deed of variation relating to the DVLA head contract between the DVLA (the Secretary of State for Transport) and its contractor, and on the flow down deed of variation for the service partner agreement.
- Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) on a waste and resource management services contract between GMCA and Suez, for Suez to manage waste from 2.3 million residents, worth more than GBP1 billion.
- Greater Manchester Waste Authority on the re-procurement strategy following the termination of its existing waste PFI project.
- Birmingham Schools SPC Phase 1A Limited on the works to be carried out for the installation of portcabins at the site of a school in Birmingham.
- Lancashire schools SPC Phase 2 LTD and the Bank of Scotland plc on a variation of the project agreement to facilitate the proposed kitchen renewal at a community high school in Lancashire.
- Sellafield on putting in place a Covid 19 testing facility, allowing for Sellafield’s employees to be tested before the government track and trace application is implemented, in order to allow Sellafield to maintaining adequate resource levels on site, particularly in specialist areas. This involved drafting the commercial contract and reviewing the scope of works.
- A specialist engineering company on its negotiations with the Ministry of Defence in relation to the terms on which the client would make its ozone cleaning solutions for military submarines available to the Ministry of Defence.
- University of Cambridge, BA, Hons
- The College of Law, Moorgate, LPC and MSC in Law, Business and Management