Louis Head LLB MScAssociate
Louis Head is a commercial lawyer practicing in the area of infrastructure projects and public procurement law.
Louis has extensive experience advising the public and private sectors on major infrastructure projects and commercial contracts (including PPP/PFI) in a range of sectors including the social infrastructure, defence, transport, and energy sectors.
Louis is recognised for his experience advising on particularly complex infrastructure projects and public procurements, including in relation to highly-regulated, highly-secure projects, such as defence, nuclear and prison projects.
Louis has a leading role at DLA Piper in its international defence practice.
- Heathrow Expansion Programme: advising the Department for Transport on its multi-billion pound programme for additional airport capacity in the South East, including the recommendation of Heathrow Airport Limited as the Government’s preferred scheme and the Department for Transport’s engagement strategy with major stakeholders.
- 21st Century Schools and Colleges: advising Welsh Government on the innovative procurement of a strategic delivery partner for the 21st Century Schools and Colleges Band B Programme. This was the first of three pathfinder projects for the Welsh Government's innovative Mutual Investment Model programme to support investment in capital infrastructure in Wales.
- RAF Lossiemouth: advising the Ministry of Defence on the circa. £500 million procurement of various infrastructure requirements at RAF Lossiemouth, including the procurement of a new runway and related infrastructure.
- Secondment to Sellafield Limited: advising Sellafield Limited as in-house legal counsel in the commercial law team on various commercial contracts and public procurements as part of a 12-month part-time secondment.
- MSHATF: advising CAE Aircrew Training Services Plc in respect of its Concession Contract with Ministry of Defence and other third party contracts relating to the operational Medium Support Helicopter Aircrew Training Facility on an ongoing basis.
- Connect Coventry Refinancing: advising the SPV on the refinancing of a street lighting project.
- Two Counties: advising Aviva Public Private Finance as incoming lender on the refinancing of the ‘Two Counties’ Norfolk and Suffolk Police Investigation Centres.
- Post-Carillion Liquidation: advising various SPVs on securing an interim FM services provider, the negotiation of project documents, and ultimate transfer of the FM services to a replacement FM provider in relation to various schools projects, following Carillion’s liquidation.
- University of Law, Master of Science in Law, Business and Management (MSc), Distinction, 2016
- University of Southampton, Bachelor of Laws (LLB), First Class Honours, 2015