Amelia HeegerLegal Director
Amelia brings with her over 20 years’ experience advising on various finance related mandates, including leverage finance, preference share funding, proprietary investments, infrastructure and capital markets across various sectors. Her time spent in an investment bank provides additional insight of the practical client side aspect of financing transactions.
Her experience includes advising on some of South Africa’s largest black economic empowerment (BEE) transactions, the financing of various projects under South Africa’s Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Programme (REIPPP) (including subsequent equity refinancings), numerous leveraged transactions (through both debt and preference shares) and on various first to market transactions including the first mortgage backed securitisation, a multi-seller asset backed commercial paper conduit and a synthetic debt collateralistion transaction.
Amelia Heeger has advised on:
- numerous leverage, property, private equity, resources and asset finance transactions for major South African banks.*
- various Renewable Energy Projects under REIPP both from a senior lender perspective and on equity refinancing post construction.
- numerous preference share funding transactions.
- numerous large project financings, including the Richards Bay Minerals Coal Terminal and the Two Rivers platinum mine.*
- various capital market transactions, including the first to market in South Africa of each of a mortgage backed securitsation transaction, a multi-seller asset backed commercial paper conduit, a synthetic debt collateralistion transaction and gold tracking exchange traded fund.
*Denotes experience from previous firm
University of Witwatersrand, LLB 1999
- University of Cape Town, B Bus Science 1997
- Admitted Attorney of the High Court of South Africa