Milena Hegenbartová LL.M.Senior Associate
I'm devoted to using my extensive experience to help clients achieve their goals on development projects, while finding the most effective way to solve their problems.
Milena Hegenbartová is a member of the Real Estate team at DLA Piper Prague. She advises on major real estate projects, providing legal services with respect to securing administrative legal agendas for project companies concerning the construction, preparation and realization of projects.
Milena advises on construction law, especially in matters of zoning and building permits, including the preparation of successive agreements related to real estate projects. She also focuses on representing clients in proceedings before administrative courts on administrative actions against administrative decisions. She has significant experience in corporate law, particularly mergers and acquisitions.
Milena also advises potential investors and landowners in relation to municipal plans. She represents their interests in the process of accepting changes to land use plans at the request of the client, or if the municipality creates a new land use plan. The character of the land according to the zoning plan is crucial for deciding on future investments.
Milena publishes articles on construction law in professional journals (Stavební právo bulletin) and is a member of the Czech Society for Construction Law.
- Advising a Czech branch of leading global investment manager and business builder in logistics, real estate, infrastructure, finance and related technologies, on high performance due diligence regarding a development project called Holubice Logistics Center, concerning three-stage construction of warehouse buildings near Ostrava.
- Advising a developer company on territorial management of the location of office buildings in Prague 4, including legal representation before the administrative court concerning administrative actions.
- Advising an Austrian investor regarding its plan to reconstruct a building in Prague 1 into a hotel-type, medical facility. The deal included providing legal advice to a project company concerning administrative actions against authorized inspector certificates.
- Advising a project company in territorial and construction management, regarding the construction of a residential building in Prague 5.
- Representing an Austrian investment and leasing company in the construction of several office buildings in Prague (with a value between EUR45 million and EUR60 million).
- Advising and representing a Czech subsidiary of a leading Austrian bank specializing in real estate in various matters, including representing the client in administrative proceedings aimed at changing the existing zoning decision on the construction of a large administrative and shopping center in the new administrative center of Prague in Pankrác (project value approx. CZK2 billion).
- Advising on territorial proceedings in the construction of a new residential complex in Prague 8 – Dolní Chabry, and related communications. We advised on obtaining an EIA, zoning decision, building permit, alterations to the building before completion, collective approval for an administrative building in Prague 4 on 5 May Street (investment value CZK1.1 billion).
- Advising on territorial proceedings in the construction of eight residential buildings in cadastral area Troja. We represented the client at the administrative court (investment value CZK3 billion).
- Advising on territorial proceedings in the construction of an administrative building at Na Florenci Street (investment value CZK1 billion).
- Advising on the purchase of land in the cadastral part of Prague 8, directly above the metro Invalidovna, property analysis, consolidation of land, increase in the coefficient, land management (investment value CZK1.5 billion).
- Advising on the construction of an administrative center at Jihlavská Street in Prague 4 (investment value CZK1.2 billion).
- Advising on territorial proceedings in the construction of an administrative building in Prague 8 – Stromovka. We represented the client in the administrative court.
- Advising the investor on making a change to the zoning plan of the municipality of Zbuzany.
- Advising the owner of the road transport complex when making a change to the zoning plan of the municipality of Klecany.
- Advising a major development company on the creation of a new zoning plan for the municipality of Karlovy Vary. We assessed claims for change of territory and the action for annulment of the zoning plan.
- University of Pilsen, Faculty of Law, Mgr., JUDr., 2000, 2002
- University of Passau, LL.M., 2001
- Auf der Zielgerade: Die Anpassung der tschechischen Rechtsordnung an das Recht der EU (concerning the condition and adjustment of the Czech law before the Czech Republic joined the European Union), November 2003
- Die Wirtschaft und Recht für Osteruropa (WIRO: 'Das tschechische Arbeitsrecht') (dealing with changes in the Czech labour law), August/September 2005
- Speaker at 'Fränkisch-Tschechischer Juristentag' (on real estate acquisitions and land registry in the Czech Republic), 2005
- Since 2005, Senior Associate, DLA Piper Prague LLP
- 2002 – 2005 Junior Associate, DLA Piper WEISS TESSBACH Rechtsanwälte GmbH
Memberships And Affiliations
Attorney-at-law, Czech Bar Association
Mediation Course Certificate, 2022
FIDIC Course Certificate, 2022