Dr Katia Helbig LLMCounsel
Dr Katia Helbig advises German and international clients on all legal aspects related to information technology law, including computer law, e-commerce law, licensing law, data protection law, media law, and telecommunication law. Her practice includes advising clients on complex outsourcing contracts, hardware and software contracts and global data protection projects.
- Advised globally acting company on complex IT outsourcing project.
- Advised international company on global implementation of data protection policies and concepts.
- Advised international company on implementation of global whistleblowing hotline.
- Advised international company on the implementation of a CRM systems.
- Advised international media company on distribution contracts with global telecommunications operators.
- Advised international company on global implementation of tracking technology for employees.
- University of Würzburg, First State Examination
- Higher Regional Court of Munich, Second State Examination
- University of Munich, Dr jur Degree
University of Edinburgh, UK, LLM
- Legal 500 Germany 2022: Recommended for information technology: data protection
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023: Recommended for information technology law
- Establish New Rules for Whistleblowing Hotlines: Call for Action
Before joining DLA Piper in Munich, Katia Helbig has worked as Senior Associate for a major international law firm (2000 - 2004), as Legal Director in a leading international media company (2004 - 2017) and as Counsel for a major international law firm (2017 - 2019).
Memberships And Affiliations
- International Bar Association (IBA) - Member