Yaël HirschSenior Associate
Yaël Hirsch has a strong domestic and international data protection and security expertise. She regularly advised French and international groups on various data protection and cyber security issues across a wide range of sectors including life science, technology, telecoms and e-commerce.
- Assisting numerous clients, including pharmaceutical companies, media groups, distributors and games manufacturer in their GDPR compliance process. This includes preparing PIAs, Record of processing, procedures and guidelines and all necessary internal documentation to fulfil the controller's accountability obligations.
- Advising clients on data breaches and the development of security policies to address the security requirements of GDPR and related laws across the EEA.
- Acting as standing counsel to support incident response for a leading global clients, supporting the investigation, containment and remediation of incidents, advising on global notification requirements and advising on regulatory investigations.
- Assisting clients in their authorization's request to the CNIL further to the French data Protection Law, eg for clinical studies or vigilance obligations.
- Advising a commercial group within the context of a pan-European big data / data mining project related to the processing and monetisation of payment data flows for marketing purposes.
- Advising a M2M service provider with the implementation of its services in France.
- Conducting trainings on GDPR, French data protection law and cyber-security.
- University of Paris II-Assas, Master II in International Civil Law and International Business
- University of Paris XI-Sud, Master II in Space Activities and Telecoms Law
- University of California, Berkeley, LL.M.
- Best Lawyers: “Ones to Watch” category – Information Technology Law – 2022