His particular expertise lies in the area of criminal prosecution and defence in cases of intellectual property infringement in synergetic interlocking with civil law, in particular cases of infringement of trade and business secrets, trademark piracy and patent infringement.
Niels has been involved in the advanced training of lawyers as well as in the further education of state and federal police for many years.
- Representing a Japanese automotive supplier company against the betrayal of its trade secrets and steering internal investigations.
- Defence of a board member of a British steel trading company against suspicion of breach of trust in a company acquisition.
- Representation of an international technology company against the infringement of its patent rights in the field of MP3 technology and accompanying the initiated criminal proceedings.
- Defence of a bank board member against allegations of violations of the German Banking Act (“KWG”).
- Defence of a manager in the automotive industry for cartel violations.
- Criminal law advice to a financial services provider in connection with the Wirecard scandal.
- Advising and representing a bank against supervisory measures due to allegations of violations of the Anti-Money Laundering Act.
- Higher Regional Court of Karlsruhe, Second State Examination, 1997
- University of Constance, First State Examination, 1996