Claus Holberg is especially engaged in tax law. Within the area of tax law, he provides advice on the sale and purchase of enterprises, ownership transfer and restructuring and conducts litigation. Over the years, Claus has conducted a large number of legal proceedings within several legal areas and thereby gained profound experience in this respect.
In addition, Claus provides general business advice and is an experienced advisor of public authorities and frequently provides advice to both the Danish State and Danish municipalities on issues relating to public law.
- Posting with the Danish National Tax Tribunal, 1994
- Master of Law, the University of Copenhagen, 1989
- J.D., Boston University School of Law
- "The 'excellent' Claus Holberg receives praise from clients: 'He is knowledgeable and has a good sense for reaching settlements that satisfy everybody. He is also very diplomatic with the authorities, which always helps. Within Tax, clients describe Claus Holberg as 'a fine tax litigator, enthusiastic and highly capable'", Chambers and Partners, 2016
Claus is the author of numerous articles in various tax journals.
Memberships And Affiliations
- The Council of the Danish Bar and Law Society’s Fiscal Affairs Committee, 2001–2009
- The International Fiscal Association (IFA)
- The Danish Association for Company Law
- Chairman of the Danish Lawyers’ Tax Law Association, 2007-2014