Sarsha HoushamShe/herSpecial Counsel
Sarsha has over 18 years’ experience advising clients on financing transactions, largely focusing on debt facilities in real estate finance, corporate finance and the accommodation and hospitality industries.
As a lead lawyer, Sarsha manages all aspects of the transaction from structuring, to negotiating transaction documents through to close. She provides concise and considered advice, whilst taking account of the commercial realities of a particular transaction.
Sarsha is qualified to practice in both New Zealand and Australia and has provided invaluable insights to clients on Trans-Tasman transactions.
- A lender in the financing of luxury lodges in Australasia and other jurisdictions.
- A borrower group owned by an offshore listed REIT in the acquisition and financing of a number of Australian real property assets with syndicated debt facilies in excess of AU$300 million.
- A borrower in the financing the acquisition of the leasehold interest in the UNSW building in Sydney.
- An offshore bank in relation to secured working capital and related facilities in excess of US$100 million for a borrower group with a large mining presence in Australia.
- Acting for a consortium on their ongoing debt requirements in relation to the operation large dairy business with several locations in Australia.
- Advising a variety of clients in connection with the acquisition and financing of various Data Centres around Australia.
- The lender on the acquisition and financing of AU$80.6 million worth of hotel assets for a hospitality REIT.
- A bank group on the financing of the AU$200 million acquisition of an offshore specialist salary packaging and novated leases provider by a vehicle leasing provider.
- The lender on the financing of the AU$100 million acquisition of six hotels and resorts across Australia by a hospitality REIT.
- The University of Auckland, Bachelor of Laws, 2003
- The University of Auckland, Bachelor of Arts, 2003