Simon HubbardSpecial Counsel
Simon Hubbard advises clients on a variety of civil litigation and insurance related disputes. These include professional negligence, directors' and officers' liability, defamation, contractual and trade practices claims.
Simon practices in State and Federal courts of all levels, in both an advocacy and advisory capacity and in relation to a variety of disputes from straightforward claims to more complex multi-party disputes.
Simon also offers advice on all aspects of claims handling and management.
- Acting for a firm of engineering contractors (geotechnical consultants) with respect to claims arising out of the alleged failure of several arterial roads in Western Australia; claim pressed at $70 million plus and settled for a nuisance amount
- Acting for a prospective senator for Western Australia in the High Court challenge to the 2013 federal election result
- Acting for the State of Western Australia and its Reinsurers with respect to property damage, business interruption and associated claims arising from the very destructive Nov 2011 wildfire in Margaret River ($40-$70 million claim in damages)
- Acting for the City of Armadale and its insurers with respect to property damage, business interruption and associated claims arising from a destructive wildfire in Feb 2011 ($50 -$80 million claim in damages)
- Advising a publicly listed gold mining company in relation to a claim for indemnity under an ISR policy arising from a failure of plant in the Philippines ($45 million plus claim)
- Advising a firm of consulting engineers and their insurers with respect to a claim for allegedly negligent oceanographic modelling ($10 million plus damages claim)
Murdoch University, Bachelor of Laws, 2009
Murdoch University, Bachelor of Arts, 2009
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Society of Western Australia