Mark Huntington's legal career spans more than 30 years in the construction industry, providing the full spectrum of services from the front end, through project support to dispute resolution.
Mark advises on infrastructure and construction matters including procurement strategy, project structuring, contract drafting, arbitration, litigation and alternative dispute resolution. He also spent more than 10 years acting for a number of insurance underwriters in defending construction professionals in large and complex liability cases.
Mark advises government departments and agencies, institutional owners, proprietors, construction professionals, contractors and developers.
- Acting for the Country Fire Authority on the procurement strategy and contract drafting required for the environmental rehabilitation of the former Victorian Emergency Training Centre at Fiskville
- Representing Victoria Police on the Agreement for Lease and underlying Works for the design and construction of new Victoria Police headquarters at 311 Spencer St.
- Advising VicRoads on procurement of services on the Towards Zero: Safer Roads project
- Acting for the Government of Vanuatu on the Vanuatu Inter-Island Shipping Support Project involving claims against the designer and constructor of several wharves
- Advising Melbourne Water in Supreme Court litigation in relation to engineering, structural defects and design errors on the Eastern Treatment project
- Acting for numerous rural and metropolitan Water agencies, advising on procurement strategy, providing project support and dispute resolution skills, including on water treatment plant projects
- Advising VicRoads on the procurement strategy, contract conditions and dispute resolution in connection with several major road infrastructure projects including the Geelong Road project, the Western Ring Road project, the Exhibition Street Extension project, the Eastern Freeway Extension project and the Dingley, Craigieburn and Hallam by-passes
- Advising the Port of Melbourne Corporation and statutory predecessors on contracts including the dredging of port waters of Port Phillip and Corio Bays, including advising on the FIDIC (international form of civil engineering contract), special conditions in relation to consultancies, subcontracts and advice provided over the duration of the contract works. Also advising on other major maintenance and capital works dredging contracts, including the Channel Deepening Project in Victoria's Port Phillip Bay
- Advising the Office of the Independent Reviewer in relation to commercial, strategic and legal matters on the Melbourne CityLink project
- Acting for Lend Lease on Melbourne's Royal Children's Hospital project
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Melbourne, 1986
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Melbourne, 1986
Mark is the author and presenter of client focused seminars on contract management, risk allocation and management. His is also a contributor of articles for internal publications.
Mark has delivered lectures to the following audiences:
- Department of Architecture & Building, University of Melbourne
- Facilities Planning Management Graduate Diploma course, University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Construction Management) course at RMIT
He has written and presented papers at various industry conferences.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Australian Society of Construction Law
- Law Institute of Victoria