Michael Huseby represents sponsors and investors in forming, investing in, and operating private funds. His practice focuses on representing sponsors of leading venture capital, real estate, crypto, and private equity funds in their global fundraising activities, investments, operations and exits.
In addition, Mr. Huseby has experience structuring internal sponsor arrangements, including general partner and management company vehicles, team compensation and succession planning, as well as co-investments for his sponsor clients. In addition to his sponsor-side practice, he represents institutional and high-net-worth investors in their private investment activities.
Mr. Huseby also has experience representing clients in the context of technology transactions, SEC and public company compliance, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, intellectual property, and corporate governance.
- Representing sponsors in their global fundraising activities
- Representing venture funds, cryptocurrency funds, real estate funds, hedge fund and other private funds in investments, operations and exits
- Representing institutional and high-net-worth investors around the world in their private investment activities
- Negotiating strategic relationships, operating joint ventures, co-investments, club arrangements and other long-term partnering arrangements
- Structuring internal sponsor arrangements
- Advising on securities law matters, including registration and compliance under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and exemptions under the Securities Act of 1933 and the Investment Company Act of 1940
- J.D., Columbia University
- B.A., University of California at Los Angeles