Marcel JaníčekSenior Associate
I'm passionate about helping clients succeed.
Marcel Janíček focuses on M&A, banking and finance and financial regulatory issues.
Marcel has advised both local and international clients on various M&A deals and he also provides ongoing advisory services to major financial institutions and companies in connection with international and domestic financial transactions.
Marcel regularly helps fintech clients with various financial regulatory issues and other matters.
- Advising Zip Co Limited, an Australian financial technology company, on its acquisition of Twisto Payments, a Czech FinTech leader in BNPL (Buy Now Pay Later) platform. Besides the acquisition, the transaction included all regulatory aspects and notifications to the Czech National Bank.
- Advising a multinational banking and financial services corporation on refinancing of logistic parks portfolio operated by a pan-European logistics platform.
- Advising Aareal Bank, a German bank, on Czech aspects of cross-border financing for Pradera Group, an Atlanta-based residential and commercial construction and development company.
- Advising Globus, a German retail chain of hypermarkets, on a facilities agreement provided by Commerzbank, Landesbank BadenWuerttemberg, Landesbank Saar and UniCredit Bank for the purposes of refinancing of outstanding loan facilities, finance of various operational costs and provisions of a revolving loan and other products in the ancillary facility provided under the facilities agreement.
- Advising Photon Energy, a global solar energy solutions and services company, on the admission to trading of all its shares on the regulated parallel markets of the Warsaw and Prague Stock Exchanges
- Advising LINET Group, a major European manufacturer of hospital and nursing beds, on a syndicated revolving facility agreement, including assistance with guarantee to be provided by the Czech group entities and the corporate authorisation for the new facilities agreement.
- Advising an Austrian manufacturer of cables, wires and cable harnesses for the industrial and automotive industry in connection with a guarantee to be provided by the Czech group entity and the corporate authorisation for the new facilities agreement.
- Advising John Menzies Group, a leading UK-based holding company of Menzies Aviation and its Czech operations branch Menzies Aviation, in connection with the restructuring of an USD235 million term facility and GBP145 million revolving credit facilities agreement provided by consortium of banks led by Barclays and Trust Securities Inc.
- Advising a Czech glass products manufacturer on complex refinancing of its bank loans.
- Advising the Czech branch of a major European bank on financing for the acquisition of a Czech machine manufacturer by a private-equity fund of a Czech investment company.
- Advising the Czech branch of a major European bank on financing for the acquisition of a Czech metal manufacturing company by a private-equity fund of a Czech investment company.
- University of Economics, Faculty of International Relations, Ing., 2013
- Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Law, Mgr., 2012
- 2018-2019 – Managing Associate at a legal advisory company
- 2016-2018 – Senior Associate at a Czech law firm
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Cube Infrastructure Managers on acquisition of MVV Energie CZ
12 December 2022 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises Karlin Group on joint residential investment with PPF Real Estate
27 April 2022 .2 minute read