Leo Javorek is a Czech qualified attorney-at-law with over 20 years of experience who specializes in banking and finance, as well as debt restructuring and insolvency. He regularly advises both local and foreign lenders on financing transactions including in the areas of structured finance, acquisition finance, real estate finance and project finance.
His client-sector focus includes acting for lenders or borrowers in banking and financial services, real estate, telecommunications and media or automotive. His client’s portfolio includes major Czech and international banks, as well as multinational corporations and local investors.
- Advising one of the largest Czech-based bank in connection with financings for, inter alia, development of both phase I and phase II of the luxury residential project „Pomezí“ in Prague by KKCG Real Estate, development of logistic parks by Accolade and Panattoni, shopping centre Centro Zlín, the largest shopping centre in Zlín region, mixed-use property Na Příkopě 14 in the historical centre of Prague, acquisition of shopping centre Krakov in Prague or acquisition of historical mixed-use property in Vodičkova street in Prague.
- Advising one of the largest commercial banks operating in the Czech Republic on financings of a portfolio of administrative buildings in Prague, a shopping centre in Prague or a portfolio of retail properties across the Czech Republic.
- Advising a German commercial bank in connection with financing for refurbishment of historical building on Náměstí Republiky by Crestyl.
- Advising a German commercial bank on refinancing of shopping centre Nova Karolina upon its acquisition by ČS nemovitostní fond managed by REICO investiční společnost České spořitelny.
- Advising a German commercial bank in connection with financing for acquisition of mixed real estate portfolio in multiple jurisdictions by CPI Group valued over EUR 650 million.
- Advising a lender in connection with working capital facility for Liberty Ostrava; the financing was provided with a guarantee issued by EGAP, and, subsequently, advising in connection with ongoing complex financial restructuring of Liberty Group.
- Advising US-based commercial banking company in connection with financing for acquisition of Slevomat Group by Secret Escapes.
- Advising one of the major secured creditors in connection with financial restructuring of VÍTKOVICE MACHINERY GROUP; this included representing the creditor in insolvency proceedings of VÍTKOVICE POWER ENGINEERING a.s. which involved a complex reorganization attempt and VÍTKOVICE REVMONT a.s. which was resolved by a reorganization, and also representing a secured creditor in a dispute concerning ranking of its registered claim.
- Advising private equity investors in connection with acquisition of secured nonperforming loans from IBRC/NAMA and complex restructuring.
- Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Law, Mgr., 2001
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- IFLR1000, 2022, Notable practitioner, Banking and Finance Czech Republic
- From June 2023, Counsel, DLA Piper Prague LLP
- 2013 – 2023, Managing Associate, an international law firm
- 2019, 3 month secondment, leading law firm in South East Asia (Phnom Penh, Cambodia)
- 2005 – 2012, Managing Associate, an international law firm
- 2005, Associate, a global law firm
- 2001 – 2004, Junior Associate, a global law firm