Paul Jayson is based in the London office and has experience in all aspects of commercial real estate, with particular emphasis on investment and occupier work. He advises a wide range of clients on their real estate transactions and strategy and often leads multi-practice teams of lawyers on complex deals. Paul is heavily involved in cross border work in the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pac.
Paul has a special interest in sustainability in the built environment and disruption in the real estate industry. He leads DLA Piper’s Green Real Estate team, innovating and developing suites of documentation and best practice in this dynamic area. He also has market leading experience of the London office market and the trends which have influenced and affected the way that office space is being occupied. He has published numerous articles and appeared in the property press dealing with these disruptive changes and the impact they have on legal documentation.
- Leading a global leasing team of over 40 lawyers advising WeWork on their international expansion in the UK, Europe, Australia and the Far East
- Advising Market Tech Holdings plc on the £900m refinance of their real estate portfolio
- Advising Generali Real Estate on several UK co-investment deals including a £280m central London trophy asset
- Advising St James Place UK plc on their purchase of various office, retail and industrial assets across the UK
- Advising a leading Israeli insurer on its JV and acquisition of a £110m City of London office building
- Advising WeWork on the leasing of 160,000 square feet at Moor Place, the largest co working lease deal in Europe
- Advising a UK listed company on its central London acquisitions, including over £200m of real estate in 2015
- Advising a leading US workspace provider on its flagship West End location
- Co-ordinating a team of 40 lawyers on the acquisition (and subsequent disposal) of a portfolio of 27 mixed use properties across England and Wales
- Leading a team advising Pfizer on the disposal of Discovery Park, their key 86 hectare R&D site in Kent and the lease back of 250,000 square feet
- Acting for Levi Strauss UK on their retail portfolio and other property interests
- Acting for L K Bennett on their European real estate requirementshua
- Acting on behalf of a UK private equity group on their purchase of the €400 million Arena Shopping and Entertainment Complex, Budapest, Hungary