Lars Jessen practices in the area of corporate law, with particular focus on private equity and M&A. He has in-depth experience advising investors and corporations on complex cross-border transactions, reorganizations, joint ventures, and management participation schemes.
Lars also advises opportunistic investors in distressed debt and restructurings on loan transactions as well as distressed M&A.
- Advising Keensight Capital on an investment in the Swedish Bentley Endovascular Group AB, whose subsidiary Bentley InnoMed GmbH develops, manufactures and markets innovative products for the minimally invasive treatment of vascular afflictions.
- Advising Keensight Capital on an investment in aconso AG, an innovation leader in HR document management systems.
- Advising Keensight Capital on the acquisition of Quanos Solutions GmbH, a leading global provider of industrial aftersales and digital technical documentation software.
- Advising Keensight Capital on the acquisition of Onventis, a leading provider of cloud procurement solutions for SMEs in the DACH region, Benelux and Scandinavia.
- Advising RQM+, a global leader in MedTech services, on the acquisition of CRO Dr. med. Kottmann GmbH & Co. KG, a contract research organization (CRO) based in Germany.
- Advising Capital D on the sale of Invincible Brands to Henkel.*
- Advising Castlelake on the sale of a logistic real estate portfolio to Blackstone.*
- Advising Ampersand on the acquisition of Genewerk GmbH.*
- Advising Ampersand on the acquisition of Vibalogics GmbH.*
- Advising Castlelake on the setting up of a joint venture with Melcombe.*
- Advising Boathouse Capital (Associated Luxory Hotels) on the restructuring and sale of World Hotels AG to Best Western.*
- Advising Stirling Square Capital Partners on the acquisition of MED Medical Products GmbH.*
- Advising Castlelake on the acquisition of the ”Gravity” real estate Portfolio from Marcol and Marathon Asset Management.*
- Advising Partners Group on the acquisition of a minority interest in a med tech company.*
- Advising Charlesbank on the acquisition of an international business unit in the field of chemicals.*
- Advising Capital D on the acquisition of a majority stake in Invincible Brands, a social media influencer-led marketing and product development company.*
- Advising Rossignol Group in their acquisition of Felt Bicycles, maker of cutting-edge world-class road bikes, mountain bikes, BMX bikes, cyclocross bikes, track bikes and recreation bikes.*
- Advising Castlelake on the acquisition of a distressed real estate portfolio (”Sunshine Portfolio”) out of trusteeship by way of debt equity swap.*
- Advising Linxens Holdings in its acquisition of SMARTRAC’s SIT division, a global leader in the development and manufacturing of RFID inlays and antennas.*
*Denotes experience from a previous firm.
- Higher Regional Court Frankenthal, Second State Examination, 2002
- University of Freiburg, First State Examination, 1999
- JUVE Handbook 2021/2022: Recommended for private equity and venture capital
- Legal 500 Germany 2023: Recommended for private equity: transactions
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023/2024: Recommended for corporate law, M&A, private equity, corporate and real estate
- Partner at an international business law firm, 2021 – 2022
- Partner at an international business law firm, 2016 – 2021
- Partner at an international business law firm, 2011 – 2016
- Partner at an international business law firm, 2009 – 2011
- Associate at an international business law firm, 2002 – 2009