Dora JoanaSenior Associate
Dora Joana practices in the area of employment law, with particular focus on restructuration, termination of employment contracts and litigation. Dora also provides legal assistance on day-to-day labour and social security issues.
Dora renders her services in different sectors of activity, including health, insurance, banking and human resources.
- Advising several transactions, in Portugal, focused on acquisition and restructuring of workforce.
- Advising on a day-to-day basis, on labour and employment issues, several large national companies, as well as multinational companies with a presence in Portugal, covering a wide range of sectors.
- Advising several companies on transfer of undertakings and transfer of employees.
- Representing several national and multinational companies on labour litigation and court cases.
- Lisbon University, School of Law, Degree in Law, 2000
- September 2023 - present, Senior Associate Lawyer, DLA Piper ABBC
- 2017 - 2023, Senior Associate, Lisbon based law firm
- 2003 - 2014, Junior Associate/Associate/Senior Associate, Lisbon based law firm
- 2000-2003, Trainee Lawyer, Lisbon based law firm
Memberships and Affiliations
- Portuguese Bar Association, 2003