Kaja KaarbyLead Lawyer
Kaja Kaarby is a lead lawyer in DLA Piper’s Employment law group. She provides legal advice within all aspects of employment law. Kaarby assists Norwegian and international clients within both individual and collective employment law, including day-to-day advice on all employment related matters.
Kaarby has experience with extensive reorganisation and redundancies as well as individual dismissals and collective dismissals. She assists clients in all phases of reorganisation and redundancies, including strategic and operational assessments, information and consultation and preparation of necessary documentation. Kaarby regularly advice clients in relation to TUPE, preparation of employment contracts, internal guidelines and policies, employee involvement and assistance regarding HES matters. She frequently assists with due diligence within the field of employment law.
In addition to employment law she also works with intellectual property rights, particularly in relation to personal data matters.
- King's College London, LL.M., Intellectual Property and Information Law, 2013
- University of Tromsø, Masters of Law, 2012
- UCLA School of Law, 1st semester of 5th year, 2011
University of Oslo, 1st and 2nd year of Masters of Law, 2009
Kaja has contributed to several articles regarding various aspects of employment law.
Kaja also gives lectures within employment law and data protection.
- 2018 - present ; Lead Lawyer, DLA Piper Norway
- 2016 - 2018 ; Lawyer, DLA Piper Norway
- 2013 - 2016 ; Associate, DLA Piper Norway
Memberships And Affiliations
- The Norwegian Bar Association